January Minutes

PREISKER GARDENS HOMEOWNERS’ MEETING

January 21, 2003

Board members in attendance were Gail Thomas (President) and Francine Soliz (Vice President).

No official meeting was held, since a quorum of the Board members was not present. At least three Board members must attend to make a quorum. Those attending the meeting were informed of the following:

  1. The full Board of Directors held a meeting on January 12 to approve the new budget. A financial statement for the Homeowners’ Association will be mailed this month to each homeowner.
  2. Please note that the homeowner dues will be raised to $58 beginning in February. This increase was necessary to pay for the security fence and cameras that will be installed at the pool.
  3. We have received a bid to clean the clubhouse on an as-needed basis for $10 per hour. We will provide the cleaning products. This covers all cleaning except for the carpeting on the stairs. We will need to hire a carpet cleaning company for this job. This bid will be taken up at the February meeting.
  4. Letters will be sent to all homes with basketball stands that are left in the street when not in use. If yours is one of these homes, please be aware that unless your basketball stand is being used, it must be pulled up off the street. Some stands are being left in the street day and night. This is a violation of our Standing Rules.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter


Home Page


March Minutes

PREISKER GARDENS HOMEOWNERS’ MEETING

March 11, 2003

Board members in attendance were Gail Thomas (President), Francine Soliz (Vice-President), Lucy Elsberry (Treasurer), and Joe Tynon (Assistant Treasurer).

Gail called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.

Gail read the minutes of the February meeting. The minutes were approved with the following amendment:

Parking stickers will be passed out (to those who have not yet received them) on March 18th.

The Treasurer’s Report for February was as follows:

$4,875 income

$3,100 expenses

$7,100 balance in checking account

Items of business discussed included:

  1. Quality Fencing will be installing a 7 foot tall non-climbing fence at the pool as well as a new gate to the grassy play area by the clubhouse. The pool fence will be made of galvanized metal with a polyurethane coating. New posts are a part of the installation. A mesh screen will be installed by the lock so than no one will be able to reach around and open the gate from the inside. The cost for these improvements will be $7,491. The Board approved this unanimously.
  2. The Board also unanimously approved hiring Bomar Security beginning April 1. They will patrol two times every night, once shortly after 10 PM and once at a random time later during the night. If cars are parked on the street at that time, they will be ticketed and fined by the Association. Bomar Security will check the pool and RV lot too. Their fee is $546 per month.
  3. We will ask Triton Pools for a bid on replacing the damaged tiles in the spa. These must be repaired before we can open the pool again.
  4. We also need to have the solar heating panels repaired. Cienega Services bid $665.39 for this job. The Board unanimously approved this bid.
  5. We will have a community-wide GARAGE SALE on March 22nd and 23rd. A reminder will be passed out to each house.
  6. Joe Tynon agreed to call Gibbs to repair the wires at the gate. Someone has pulled them out of the ground again.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter


Home Page


May Meeting


PREISKER GARDENS HOMEOWNERS’ MEETING

May 14, 2003

Board members in attendance were Gail Thomas (President) and Francine Soliz (Vice-President).

Gail called the meeting to order at 7:06 PM.

Since there was no quorum, no votes were taken. But the Board had several important matters to make known to all residents.

These matters included:

  1. BOARD MEMBERS ARE URGENTLY NEEDED! If we cannot get enough residents to volunteer to be active Board members, we will need to hire a management company to take over some of the Board’s duties. This will result in an increase in your monthly dues. If you are willing to help out, please come to the meeting on June 12th.
  2. PARENTS, PLEASE TELL YOUR CHILDREN NOT TO PLAY IN THE STREETS. Several residents have reported having to stop abruptly to avoid hitting children who darted out into the street.
  3. If you intend to make improvements to the outside of your house, including painting, you must get approval of the Board. If you violate one of our restrictions, you will be asked to remove the improvement at your expense. Please remember that the 4 feet of your backyard next to your neighbor’s house does NOT belong to you. That is your neighbor’s property! You may NOT pave it! If you do, you will be asked to remove the paving.
  4. The damaged block wall on Meadowgate Drive will be repaired this week. Our cost will be $800.
  5. PARKING: If you are parked on the street between 10 PM and 11 PM, Bomar Security will knock on your door and ask you to move the car. After 11 PM, you will automatically be ticketed. You will be warned the first time. You will be ticketed AND FINED for repeat violations.
  6. YOU MAY NOT PARK ON Garden Drive, Chestnut Lane, Almond Lane, Illif Lane, or Cedar Road AT ANY TIME. You may stop for brief unloading of passengers or supplies, and you may allow service people who are working on your property to park on the street. Please park your own cars in your garage or driveway or in the green curb zones on Meadowgate Drive and Channel Drive. Bomar Security does a random drive through our community during daylight hours every day! If your are parked on the street, you will be ticketed. You will be ticketed AND FINED for repeat violations.
  7. Each household may bring a MAXIMUM of 4 guests to the pool.
  8. Please be aware that the Clubhouse rules include the following:
    1. You may not reserve the clubhouse for friends. The clubhouse is for the use of residents only. If you reserve the clubhouse, you must be present at your event at all times.
    2. You will be responsible for all damages that occur while you are using the clubhouse.
    3. No one at a clubhouse event may use the pool.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter


Home Page


June Minutes

 

PREISKER GARDENS HOMEOWNERS’ MEETING

June 10, 2003

Board members in attendance were Gail Thomas (President), Francine Soliz (Vice-President), and Lucy Elsberry (Treasurer).

Gail called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.

Gail read the minutes of the May meeting. The minutes were approved as true and correct.

Items of business included:

  1. By a vote of 3 to 0, the Board voted to turn over our accounting to C&H Tax and Bookkeeping, 426 Barcellas Avenue, Suite 104, Santa Maria, CA 93454. The cost to us will be $175 per month. No increase in dues will result from this change. Beginning in August, your dues must be sent to C&H Tax and Bookkeeping at that address. Payments are due by the 10th of each month. A $10 late fee will be accessed if your payment postmarked later than the 16th.
  2. The damaged block wall on Meadowgate Drive has been repaired.
  3. We will be getting additional gate openers from Botta Garage Door Services. These will be made available at our cost to any resident who needs one.
  4. The cracked joints on the spa tiles have been repaired. We hope to open the spa on Sunday, June 15. We are going to have to hire a leak detection company to determine the extent of the damage caused by leaks from the pool and spa.
  5. By a vote of 3 to 0, approval was given for a block party on the 2200 block of Chestnut Lane on the 4th of July. Curfew for the whole community will be 11:00 PM (instead of 10:00 PM) that day.
  6. We will ask the gardeners to adjust or replace the sprinklers that are getting the outside walls of the clubhouse damp.
  7. Simkins Security Services demonstrated a security camera to be used in the pool area. It works both day and night. They will give us a bid to install the system. Signs warning that you may recorded on video will be posted soon.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter


Home Page


September Minutes

 

PREISKER GARDENS HOMEOWNERS’ MEETING

September 9, 2003

Board members in attendance were Gail Thomas (President), Francine Soliz (Vice-President), and Lucy Elsberry (Treasurer).

Gail called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm.

Items of business included:

  1. This was an election meeting. Only 15 households submitted ballots. We need at least 35 more households to vote before we have a valid election. If you have not voted yet, please do so by the October 14th meeting. If we don’t have 50 ballots on October 14th, we will have to continue the election until the November meeting, at which time we will need only 25 total ballots to declare the results of the election.
  2. Some non-resident teenagers were found using the pool. They had climbed the fence to get to the pool. When they were discovered they ran away. The security camera at the pool did not get usable pictures of them. Gail will talk to the installers about the problem. The camera may need to be put in a different location.
  3. Many of our signs have been defaced by taggers. The same is true of the Comcast boxes. Comcast will repaint the boxes at no charge to us.
  4. Twenty-two households are delinquent in their dues. The Board will send a letter to each of these households stating that the dues must be brought up to date within 30 days or the Association will place a lien on the property. The homeowner will be responsible for all legal fees and recording fees incurred by the Association. The homeowner is also responsible for late fees on all delinquent dues.
  5. We will be re-keying the RV lot. All who are properly registered to use the lot will be notified and given a new key.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter

The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter


Home Page


November Minutes

 

PREISKER GARDENS HOMEOWNERS’ MEETING

November 11, 2003

Board members in attendance were Gail Thomas (President), Lucy Elsberry (Treasurer), and Ken Hooberry (Member-at-Large).

Gail called the meeting to order at 7:16 PM.

A financial statement for September was passed out to those in attendance. Expenses for January to September of 2003 have been $54,149.18. Income for the same period has been $55,486.05.

The minutes of the October meeting were read and approved with the following amendment: Any homeowner may call C&H Bookkeeping to make an appointment to review their account.

Items of business included:

  1. Several items are still pending. The Board still needs to get paint samples for our approved house colors. We need to put a padlock on the sprinkler system controller. We need to make arrangements to have the dead tree stumps by the front wall removed.
  2. The following have been added to the Standing Rules: only those residents who are current on their dues (or have made payment arrangements to become current) will be a) eligible to use the clubhouse and pool and spa, b) eligible to vote in elections, and c) eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. Our lawyer has determined that these additions conform to our CC&Rs and to local and California law.
  3. The pool and spa will be closed from Sunday, November 16 at 5PM until next spring.
  4. Flyers will be passed to all residences asking that all old keys to the RV parking area be returned. New keys will be handed out to those who are properly registered to use the RV lot. This must be done by November 21.
  5. Four properties have been sent to our lawyer for lien. Each of these lots owes over $1500 in back dues and fees. Notice will be sent to each residence to allow the owner to become current in their dues. The owner is responsible for the lawyer’s charges as well.
  6. CHRISTMAS PARTY! We will have a Christmas Party this year on December 13 from 3PM to 6PM in the clubhouse. Francine has volunteered to provide the main dish. You may bring a side dish or desert to share. A flyer will be passed out to give all of the details.
  7. CHRISTMAS LIGHTING CONTEST! Prizes! We will have out traditional Christmas lighting contest again this year. Prizes will be gift certificates for dinners at local restaurants. First, second, and third places will all receive prizes. Judging will be at 7:00 PM on Saturday, December 20th. Please turn your outdoor lights on at that time if you wish to be eligible for a prize.
  8. There have been many violations of our parking regulations, especially on Garden Drive. The Board voted unanimously to TOW ALL CARS THAT ARE PARKED IN FRONT OF HOUSES FROM 10PM TO 5AM. A sign will be posted at the front gate advising everyone of this policy.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter


Home Page


December Minutes

 

PREISKER GARDENS HOMEOWNERS’ MEETING

December 9, 2003

Board members in attendance were Gail Thomas (President), Francine Soliz (Vice President), Lucy Elsberry (Treasurer), and Ken Hooberry (Member-at-Large).

Gail called the meeting to order at 7:07 PM.

The minutes of the November meeting were read and approved.

Items of business included:

  1. We received a check for $6500 on a foreclosure. The Board will look into putting it into a money market account.
  2. Our lawyers, Kirk and Simas, want us to include the information about liening properties distributed with the budget information in January. This will include a notice that those houses that are put to lien must pay the lawyer’s fee of $75. This will be added to the Standing Rules.
  3. The Christmas Party will be held on Saturday, December 13 from 3 PM to 6 PM in the clubhouse. Details are posted on the Bulletin Board.
  4. We need to get an estimate to replace the dead plants by the green curb parking areas.
  5. The gate at the end of Almond that goes to Preisker Park is broken again. The Board voted to get an estimate of the cost to remove the gate and fill it in with blocks.
  6. We have had some vandalism in the RV lot. The Board wishes to remind RV owners that they must provide their own insurance against vandalism, as indicated in the RV lot use agreement.
  7. Gail will arrange to meet with the installer of the video system at the pool. We need to have clear instructions on how to use the system. Or we need a simpler system. This one makes it very difficult to retrieve the video recordings.
  8. Two cars have been vandalized while parked in Preisker Gardens. Their stereos were stolen. We will contact Neighborhood Watch to arrange to have them talk to the community. We will arrange for our security service (Bowmar) to be at the next meeting to answer your questions about security concerns.
  9. Francine will order two signs for the front gate to notify everyone of the new TOW-AWAY policy. All vehicles parked on the streets from 10 PM to 5AM will be towed at the owner’s expense. A flyer will be distributed to each house when the policy goes into effect.
  10. Francine will call the gardeners about removing the dead tree stumps by the block wall on Preisker Lane.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Clatfelter


Home Page